Last year, I kicked off 2016 with 6 Ways to Take Your Relationships Deeper, parts I and II and dug into that a little with six sets of questions help tug your most intimate friendships to the next level.
This year, I’ve kicked off 2107 with questions to help us pursue our relationship with the most potential for fulfillment and gut-level happiness, no matter what’s around the corner. (Check out the previous two sets here and here!)
- What names of God most resonate with me right now?
- Lord, where do you want to send me?
- Consider the questions of God toward people in Scripture—and pray through the answers.
- Where are you? (to Adam and Eve)
- What is this You have done? (to Adam and Eve)
- Why do You call me good? (from Jesus, to a man who fell at his feet)
- Who do You say I am? (from Jesus, to the disciples)
- Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? (to Isaiah)
- What do you want me to do for you? (to blind Bartimaeus)
- What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet lose his soul? (from Jesus to His disciples)
- What are you looking for? (from Jesus, to John’s disciples)
- Where have you come from, and where are you going? (to Hagar)
- What are you doing here? (to Elijah)
- Create a spiritual “timeline” of your life. Who was God to you in those times? What story has He been writing? What questions did you ask which are now somewhat resolved? Which are still unresolved?
- Father, what have you been doing around me lately?
- What would I say to ___ (person I’m in conflict with, or feeling misunderstood by) if I knew they would listen? What does this tell me about my heart right now?
- Check out these questions to help steward all of your life for God’s glory.
- Lord, what is one thing that is precious to me that you would like me to give away? Is there something I could offer you as a sort of “alabaster box”?
- What is one relationship in which You’d like me to invest more? Is there one that is not reflecting my faith?
- Consider weaknesses about yourself that frustrate you. Lord, in these weaknesses, how would You like me to respond?
Like this post? You might like
- 10 Questions to Take Your Relationship with God Deeper in 2017, Sets #1 and #2
- 31 Anything-but-Vanilla Ways to Add Fresh Flavor to Times with God
- Ten Questions to Take Your Relationships Deeper in 2016, Set #1 , Set #2, Set #3, Set #4, and Set #5.
- 6 Ways to Take Your Relationships Deeper in 2016
- Why I need people who are not my fans
- Spiritual Disciplines for Real Families: Simplicity