For the ideas and suggestions behind this fun series to help you connect with your kiddos, click here.
In the spirit of keeping it real–I’ve included a smattering of my own four kids’ answers.
- What is your first memory?
- What are five words you’d use to describe yourself? Curious. / Child #2: Artistic. Playful. Reader.
- What is one time you felt really great when helping someone? I liked helping with that big Thanksgiving party we threw–the one where all those people ended up staying for dinner, too. / Helping Oliver carry all the bags into the house.
- If you could invent something that hasn’t been invented yet, what would it be? A cake machine that makes cakes in five minutes!
- What’s one thing someone has said to you that made you feel great? What do you wish someone would say? …I don’t know, but it was something great. / I like your drawing. It’s really cool.
- If you could be one character in a book, who would it be? I would be Benny from The Boxcar Children! / I would be a dragon in How to Train Your Dragon.
- What’s one of your favorite things about God? I love what He does for us and what He created. / I love that He forgives us when we do bad things.
- If you could take lessons to learn anything, what would it be? I would learn how to do kung fu! (kick added for emphasis) / I don’t really want to learn much, so… / I would have to choose between hang gliding and sharpshooting.
- What’s been the biggest thing on your mind this week?
- What is one thing you really hope is in heaven? I really hope there is a rainbow slide without edges that ends in whipped cream with strawberries–and it doesn’t get too hot or too wet. / I hope we get to walk with God in heaven.
And don’t forget, “How can I pray for you this next week?”
Like this? You might enjoy
Free Ebook: Discussion Questions to Better Understand Your Family’s Subculture (use this subscription form!)